Embrace correction. Marcus Aurelius 6.21

The Stoic view of harm: nothing injures us unless it damages our moral character, which is impervious to any material accident, being broken only by our failure to want, will, and choose the good. A healthy character loves truth, seeks after it, accepts with gratitude every correction the world offers to our endless quest for it. 


Εἴ τίς με ἐλέγξαι καὶ παραστῆσαί μοι, ὅτι οὐκ ὀρθῶς ὑπολαμβάνω ἢ πράσσω, δύναται, χαίρων μεταθήσομαι· ζητῶ γὰρ τὴν ἀλήθειαν, ὑφ’ ἧς οὐδεὶς πώποτε ἐβλάβη, βλάπτεται δὲ ὁ ἐπιμένων ἐπὶ τῆς ἑαυτοῦ ἀπάτης καὶ ἀγνοίας.


If anyone is capable of articulating a case against me and proving to my satisfaction that my action or understanding is incorrect, I will gratefully yield to him. For I seek the truth, by which no one was ever harmed; harm arises only as we rest upon self-deception and ignorance.